How Do I Register My Child For Classes?
Select a class from the Class Schedule in the menu bar to register online. Or, visit our Box Office, Tue-Fri 12pm-4pm and Sat 12pm-2pm, or call us at 508-647-0097 x201.
Do You Offer Any Discounts?
Discounts on most education programs are available to active TCAN members. No other discounts are offered.
Do You Offer Refunds?
For all arts education workshops, no refunds are available. Parents are advised to choose classes carefully and contact TCAN with any questions regarding education programs.
Do You Offer Pro Rates/Reduced Rates For Partial Attendance?
No pro-rates/partial attendance allowed.
Do You Have Scholarships Available?
Some scholarship funding is available through the Smile in Every Seat program.
What is the Student/Teacher Ratio?
There is 1 teacher to every 13 students.
Is There A Summer Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Program?
CIT programs are offered on a volunteer basis for summer and vacation week workshops. Students in grades 10-12 are eligible and invited to apply for CIT positions. For students accepted in the CIT program, documentation of volunteer hours for community service reporting will be authorized by PFOT Director, Kristy Pace.
To find out more or to apply call Kristy Pace at (310) 746-8846.
When Do I Recieve Confirmation of Registration?
For mail in registrations, the Box Office will confirm registrations with a phone call. Registrations by phone, in person, or on-line are confirmed at the point of registration. An additional confirmation/informational email is sent about 5 days before the class start date.
Can My Child Be in the Same Class As a Friend/Sibling?
If a family wants their child to be grouped with a sibling or friend, both the parent and child must voice this to the teacher on the first day of class. Note: In Kids’ TV & Let’s Make a Movie, there is often only one group and one final show.
Can I Come Watch A Class?
No, however all visitors are encouraged to attend the final performance open to family and friends. Please contact the Program Director for specific show times. Parents are welcome to wait in our lobby.
Are Classes Ever Cancelled?
Classes may be cancelled due to inclement weather, and follow the Natick Public School’s decision to close.
What if My Child is Sick?
Please contact the Program Director directly to notify us if your child is sick and cannot attend.
What Are the Final Performances?
Final performances are on the last day of class. Specific performance times are assigned on the first day of class by teachers. All students must be present for final performance to be enrolled in the class.
Educational Programs and Classes at The Center for Arts in Natick are open to the public. For registration transactions including enrollment confirmation or changes to your account, call the TCAN Box Office at 508-647-0097 x201. There are three ways to register for education programs: online, by phone, or in person at the TCAN Box Office. Unless otherwise listed, all programs will be held at TCAN: 14 Summer Street, Natick, MA, 01760.
- Directions & Parking: Metered parking is available on Summer Street and Main Street.
- Weather Cancellations: Weekday cancellations follow the Natick Public Schools’ weather decision. Weekend classes are cancelled at the discretion of the instructor, who will notify families by phone.
- Tuition: TCAN members receive discounted member pricing on most children’s classes. Early registration is highly recommended, as classes fill early or could be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. Full tuition and the registration fee are due at the time of enrollment.
- Confirmations: For mail in registrations, the Box Office will confirm registrations with a phone call. Registrations by phone, in person or on-line are confirmed only at the point of registration.
- Refunds: For all arts education workshops, no refunds are available. Parents are advised to choose classes carefully and contact TCAN with any questions regarding education programs.
- Scholarships: Part of TCAN’s mission is to ensure that cost is not a barrier to obtaining high-quality arts education. A limited number of scholarships are available to deserving families through the Smile in Every Seat program.
- Previewing Classes: For Pocket Full of Tales After School Theater, Vacation Week, and Summer programs: These programs conclude with a final performance on the last scheduled date of the session. All final performances are open to family, friends and prospective students.
- Student Age: After School Theater, Vacation & Summer Workshops: Children must be the correct age on or during workshops.
- Dress: Students should wear comfortable clothes that can get messy and sturdy shoes.
- Food & Drink: School Vacation/Summer Workshop:
- Half-Day Classes: A nut-free snack and water bottle.
- Full-Day Classes: Two nut-free snacks, a water bottle, and a nut-free lunch.
- Registration: TCAN Box Office 508-647-0097 x201
- After School Theatre, Vacation Week, Summer Musical Theatre: Kristy Pace, 310-746-8846