Plan Your Next Event at TCAN
The Center for Arts in Natick provides a unique and memorable location for your business meeting, fundraiser, private party, or reception. In our 3,000 sq. ft. mainstage venue, or 1,500 sq. ft. Cinema Room, TCAN has hosted weddings and bar mitzvahs, business conferences, nonprofit fundraisers, private movie screenings, and more.
TCAN Mainstage Event Space
- TCAN’s Mainstage Event Space is roughly 3,000 square feet in size, with seating available for 270 patrons. The space is available on a rental basis to active members only. Rental to independent concert promoters is not permitted.
- The venue may be reconfigured with banquet-style seating for approximately 150 guests. Seats may be removed and replaced with rented tables and chairs.
- A concession stand and bar area are located in the lobby, where an assortment of snacks and beverages may be served. TCAN holds a full on-premises alcohol license and is the exclusive purveyor of alcoholic beverages on the premises.
- The Mainstage Event Space is configured with a raised stage, a full stage lighting plot, and a fully-equipped audio system. Qualified technical operators are available for hire from TCAN. A full list of technical equipment in the venue can be found on the Venue page, here.
TCAN Cinema Room
- The TCAN Cinema Room is roughly 1,500 square feet in size, with seating available for 120 patrons. The space is available on a rental basis to active members only. Rental to independent concert promoters is not permitted.
- The venue may be reconfigured as a function room with buffet tables, or with banquet-style seating for approximately 70 guests. Seats may be removed and replaced with rented tables and chairs.
- The TCAN Cinema Room is configured with a 25′ projection screen, digital cinema projection equipment, and 7.1 digital surround sound for presenting presentations, videos, or full-length feature films. A full list of technical equipment in the Cinema Room can be found on the Venue page, here.
Private Functions and Events
- Private Function: On a limited availability basis, TCAN is available to rent for private parties, meetings and receptions to active TCAN members. A rental fee and deposit will apply.
- Full Building Access: The first and second floors of TCAN’s facility are not acoustically isolated, i.e., sound from events on either floor will leak to the adjacent floor. For this reason, use of the venues on both floors simultaneously for a rental event is not permitted without the approval of TCAN staff.
- Rental Pricing: Pricing for rental events is quoted on request and based on such factors as group size, the day of the week, and the estimated timing/duration of the event. Fees for additional staff and services including reconfiguration of chairs, and use of audio/video/lighting equipment will be provided on request.
- Third-party Vendors: The use of third-party vendors for catering, and table/seating rental is permitted based on approval by the venue. No third-party vendors may be engaged to provide or serve alcohol on the premises; TCAN holds a full on-premises alcohol license and is the only alcohol server permitted on site.
Community Events and Fundraisers
- Nonprofit Status: TCAN welcomes authorized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to host fundraising events at TCAN. Third-party or agent representatives of a nonprofit organization who wish to hold a fundraiser on its behalf may qualify, based on review and approval by TCAN staff.
- Nonprofit Pricing: TCAN will apply a discount on rental fees to qualified nonprofit organizations. Fees for additional staff and services are not discounted.
- Event Marketing: Marketing of a nonprofit fundraiser event held at TCAN, including listing on TCAN’s website, social media pages, or email marketing messages is not included in the rental fee, and is the responsibility of the rental client, not TCAN.
Private Cinema Screening
- A private movie screening for up to 20 attendees
- Superior state-of-the-art digital projection, 7.1 surround sound, and giant 25-foot screen
- An extensive catalogue of films, from iconic to family favorites, Christmas films to cult classics
- At your option, bring your own favorite Bluray or DVD to screen, cinema-style
- Public and private fundraising of any kind in conjunction with the event is strictly prohibited
- Public marketing of the event is not permitted
- Parties may not bring food, drinks or alcoholic beverages into the facility
Cinema Rental FAQs
Do I Have to Wear a Mask?
With a decrease in cases, and much of Massachusetts relaxing COVID restrictions, TCAN has suspended proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a requirement for entry. Masks are still strongly encouraged for all patrons, but are not required.
How Many People Can I Bring?
We are limiting attendance to 20 people.
What Movies Can I Watch?
You can bring your own Blu-ray or DVD, borrow a movie from your local library, or see what we have in our digital cinema library. You can also choose any of the films we are currently screening, or access one of several streaming services. Don’t see what you want? Ask us, we are happy to suggest the lowest cost options to procure the movie you want to screen.
How Long is the Rental?
This package includes rental of the cinema room for the duration of your chosen film.
What Happens if I Must Reschedule a Rental Slot?
Payment for cinema rentals is due in full upon booking. Cancellation fees are assessed as follows:
- Cancel up to 72 hours prior to rental date: No cancellation fee
- Cancel less than 72 hours prior to rental date: 50% of rental fee
- For cinema rentals booked fewer than 7 days prior to the rental date, then subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee of 100% will apply.
I Have More Questions! Who Can I Contact For More Information?
Use the Contact Us form on the TCAN website to ask any questions. A member of our staff will respond promptly.
Rental Request Form
"*" indicates required fields